Q: 2007 Jaguar XJ8 cannot start, headlight flashes

In the last month, my car has been having troubles starting. I had the battery tested and it works fine, has lot of power. When I turn the key, there is no turn over at all. I only noticed a "shhhh" sound and nothing happens. After a failed attempt to start the car, the headlight on the right side would start flashing for a while. What could be wrong with my car?

A: Hello. It is possible that there is a probl...

Hello. It is possible that there is a problem with the fuses. The headlight flashing could be a result in a problem with the car’s security system. After multiple attempts to start the car, the headlight may flash to let you know that it is in safe mode so it cannot be stolen. There also could be a problem with the starter. If you need help having this checked, I recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection in order to determine why the car is not starting.