Q: 2007 BMW 750i shakes over 55 mph

I was stopped in the traffic, when the back of my car was hit. There were no bents in the frame as the hit was at moderate speed. I had the bumper replaced. The tires were balanced after this. There are no suspension problems either. However, when I drive at speeds higher than 55 mph, the car starts shaking. Do you have any idea what could be causing it?

A: Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 200...

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2007 BMW 750i. Your description leads me to believe that it may be a bushing, tie rod, or ball joint that has suffered injuries from the impact. I suggest that you have a technician evaluate your rear suspension for play in the ball joint or tie rod. Also, check for broken or damaged bushings. If you need some help with this, have a professional from YourMechanic come to your home or office to test the vehicle and diagnose the shaking issue.