Q: 2007 BMW 750i shakes over 55 mph

I was stopped in the traffic, when the back of my car was hit. There were no bents in the frame as the hit was at moderate speed. I had the bumper replaced. The tires were balanced after this. There are no suspension problems either. However, when I drive at speeds higher than 55 mph, the car starts shaking. Do you have any idea what could be causing it?

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2007 BMW 750i. Your description leads me to believe that it may be a bushing, tie rod, or ball joint that has suffered injuries from the impact. I suggest that you have a technician evaluate your rear suspension for play in the ball joint or tie rod. Also, check for broken or damaged bushings. If you need some help with this, have a professional from YourMechanic come to your home or office to test the vehicle and diagnose the shaking issue.