Q: Air conditioning system stopped cooling and blows hot air even while adding refrigerant.

My LR3 air conditioning system stopped cooling and blows hot air even while adding refrigerant. The key problem now is that the refrigerant does not get into the system during the refilling process. What could be the problem?

Hi there. Check the air conditioning system for any signs of leaks. Check all of the hoses and see if any of them have a hole rubbed in them. Check the compressor for any signs of leaks around the clutch pulley area. If you do not see any visible leaks, then use a spray bottle of water and dawn dish soap to spray all of the components to the air conditioning system. Where ever the soap bubbles as you charge the system, that is where the leaks are. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with finding the leaks and repairing the system to OSHA standards.

3. Air conditioning system stopped cooling and blows hot air even while adding refrigerant.