Q: 2006 fiat punto - Temp guage

I notice a buzzing sound when i stop my car when the temp guage isnt working - when it lifts the noise isnt there ?

A: Hi there. The sound you are hearing is a s...

Hi there. The sound you are hearing is a short in the wiring buzzing or a contact issue. Check the wiring to the coolant temperature sensor (CTS). Look for any corrosion and any burnt terminals. If there is corrosion, clean the contacts out with electrical cleaner. If you did not find anything wrong with the wiring, then check the gauge cluster for any loose wires that could contribute to the sound. If all of the wires are good and all of the ground connections are tight, then the problem lies with the CTS and it would need replaced. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with the coolant temperature gauge issue.