Q: 2005 Saab 9-5, cannot shift out of park unless I push little release button on left of panel. Why?

Cannot shift out of park. I have to push the little button (I think this is an emergency release) on the left on the shift panel in order to shift out of park. Could this be due to the battery? I noticed this happened right after my battery went dead after leaving the lights on overnight. I read it also could be fuse #1 which corresponds to the brake light, my brake lights are fine though. Any suggestions?

3. 2005 Saab 9-5, cannot shift out of park unless I push little release button on left of panel. Why?