Q: 2005 Expedtion XLT parking assist fault light stays on. Do not have parking assist or buttons to turn it off.

Just bought a 2005 Expediton XLT. The parking assist light stays on all the time, no way to turn it off. This vehicle does not come with parking assist. It does not have any of the extra buttons. When I start the vehicle the instrument panel goes through what the mileage is then it goes straight to parking assist fault. I've unhooked the battery for 5-10 minutes with no luck. Why would it say this if the car doesn't come with the feature?

3. 2005 Expedtion XLT parking assist fault light stays on. Do not have parking assist or buttons to turn it off.