Q: 2005 Dodge 1500 4.7 cut off while driving, but will start right back up and go

While driving the truck will just cut off, place it in neutral and starts right back up. What would clause this issue. No codes

Hi Ruth. Thanks for contacting us today. In several cases, this problem is associated with a loose electrical connection - typically on the crankshaft or cam position sensor - which impacts ignition timing. However, it’s also possible that a fuel pump relay is also faulty or other fuel system component failure. Inconsistent problems like this can be tricky to trace - especially when no codes are present, so it’s probably best to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection so they can attempt to replicate the symptom(s) - which will help them diagnose and resolve this problem.

3. 2005 Dodge 1500 4.7 cut off while driving, but will start right back up and go