Q: 2004ford focus engine gets hot and fan is not on, but it works if you put jumper cables on it

Engine gets hot but fan want come on,i was told that I need an engine coolant temperature sensor and the fan will work

Hi there. The coolant temperature switch, also called the coolant temperature sensor, is a switch that reads the engine coolant temperature and sends a signal to the engine control module, or ECM, to control other functions of engine operation such as the air-fuel ratio. It is also called a switch because on some cars, it is used to turn on the engine cooling fan at a specific temperature. This aids in the engine warm-up process as well as keeping the engine at a safe operating temperature. In order to provide you with an accurate price, please fill out a request for coolant temperature switch replacement.

3. 2004ford focus engine gets hot and fan is not on, but it works if you put jumper cables on it