Q: 2004 Volvo XC 90 hesitates on highway speeds

2004 Volvo XC 90. The car hesitates on a highway speed. I cleaned the throttle body, changed the MAF sensor, changed the sparkplugs. What else can I do? Thank you.

A: To begin with, those cars are notorious for...

To begin with, those cars are notorious for having problems with electronic throttles. So if it has an electronic throttle, I advise to change the whole electronic throttle assembly. I change them all the time on those.

Volvos are very complex and if you don't have a dealer-level Volvo scan tool, you are just guessing on those things. With one of those tools and the a professional who knows how to operate it, you won't need to guess on some expensive parts, but you are going to want to change the right parts the first time.