Q: 2004 Volvo XC 90 hesitates on highway speeds

2004 Volvo XC 90. The car hesitates on a highway speed. I cleaned the throttle body, changed the MAF sensor, changed the sparkplugs. What else can I do? Thank you.

To begin with, those cars are notorious for having problems with electronic throttles. So if it has an electronic throttle, I advise to change the whole electronic throttle assembly. I change them all the time on those.

Volvos are very complex and if you don’t have a dealer-level Volvo scan tool, you are just guessing on those things. With one of those tools and the a professional who knows how to operate it, you won’t need to guess on some expensive parts, but you are going to want to change the right parts the first time.

3. 2004 Volvo XC 90 hesitates on highway speeds