Q: 2004 Saturn wont crank after I installed backwards battery

Hi my name is Sonny, i have 2004 Saturn wont crank after I put wrong battery connection, please immediately need help

Reverse polarity, at the battery, in a 12 volt electrical system on a car can cause a variety of effects including damaging the alternator, diodes and the numerous microprocessors on the vehicle such as those in the powertrain control module (PCM). Fuses can open, as well as fusible links and circuit breakers. Individual electronic components in many circuits could have failed due to reverse polarity. Inasmuch as the vehicle does not start, the simplest thing to do is diagnose the starting circuit first as, in the course of that, other fundamental failures (for example if the PCM was fried) will come into view.

To diagnose the starting system, be sure any engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated, thus preventing the car from starting. Ordinarily, with no starter motor operation, either the starter motor/solenoid assembly is faulty or the electrical circuit supplying the motor has a fault. That circuit begins at the battery and includes grounds, wiring (some of which is very heavy cabling), fuses, relays, the ignition switch and terminations. Basically, with the key held in the "start" position, the starter is either getting power or it isn’t. With the key in the "start" position, if the starter motor is getting power but it doesn’t work, the starter is condemned and replaced. On the other hand, with the key in the "start" position, if there is no power to the starter (likely your circumstance), then the circuit is traced until the fault in the circuit is found. In addition to a faulty ignition switch, faults can include a blown fuse (likely in your circumstance), high resistances due to corrosion, wire strand breaks, or loose terminals, all of which can only be diagnosed using a voltage drop test. If you desire that a certified mechanic resolve this, please simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get the electrical problem diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.