Q: 2004 Mitsubishi Galant just got the starter replaced brand new car won't turn over I have an alarm in my car can that sensor the c

My car just shut down on me on the road out of nowhere , at first it would turn over but not cut on I got the starter replaced brand new from you guys mechanic . My car is still not turning over , now it's doing nothing . I have an alarm in my car can that trigger anything for the car not to start . Can't unlock the door with my keys , car won't turn over what is the problem ?

A: If your vehicle was not starting but was tu...

If your vehicle was not starting but was turning over, I would have advised against the starter replacement. If the engine will turn over, the starter is doing its job. If you have an aftermarket security system on your vehicle, are unable to start your car, and are unable to lock and unlock the doors, I would recommend having the aftermarket security system inspected. The best place to have this done would be the place that it was originally installed as they would have the best knowledge of the system. This could be related to wiring, control modules, or other related components. Once the security system has been inspected, the repair procedure will be more clear.