Q: 2004 infiniti overheating. Can the water pump be bad even if its not leaking. Changed every thing else.

2004 Infiniti, Overheating issue, Can the water pump be bad even if its not leaking. Changed ever thing else. That is the only part that has not be changed. I'm over it, will pay to have that done.

In the old days, if the water pump was turning, it was working. But many modern cars have plastic impellers in the water pump and they can lose their grip on the shaft when they get old. It’s hard to diagnose and usually means eliminating other possibilities. If your car is mildly overheating, it is probably not the water pump. Failed water pumps usually send the temperature right up right away. Diagnosing an overheating problem can be frustrating, but you can have it done conveniently by contacting Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your overheating problem and let you know what can be done about it.

• 2004 infiniti overheating. Can the water pump be bad even if its not leaking. Changed every thing else.