Q: 2004 2.2 auto zafira problem

Replaced the timing chain kit, oil pump chain kit and gear oil and now the car does not start to drive in first gear but third gear. It also does not want to switch off in some gears and idles after been switched off and key out of ignition

A: Hi there. First check the harness to the t...

Hi there. First check the harness to the transmission for any power loss. If the transmission is only starting out in 3rd gear, then the transmission has lost power and put it into limp mode. If you have taken the key out of the ignition and the engine is still running, check to see that the ignition is facing off. If it is, then the contacts inside the tumbler have shorted within each other. I recommend replacing the ignition switch and this should solve the issues you are having. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your vehicle.