Q: 2003 hyundai accent it just passed smog like 4 days ago. yeaterday check egine light blinking and overheated but car not hot

2003 Hyundai accent just passed smog like 4 days ago. Yesterday noise started coming out of the muffler sounded like an old vw bug. Exhaust leak I was thinking. Today it overheated to the point that it nearly stalled and my check engine light started flashing

Hello, thank you for writing in. Overheating the engine is one of the worst things that can happen to the vehicle, and you want to do your best to stop the vehicle before it gets to that point. Running the heater may also help decrease the temperature. The cause of the overheating may be related to the noise coming from the exhaust. If the exhaust system is clogged, your engine will overheat and stall. With the check engine light on, you will want to have three vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes. Use these codes to help point you in the right direction. Other possibilities may include a failed head gasket, issue with the cooling system, and other similar faults. For more help with diagnostics and resolving the problem, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. 2003 hyundai accent it just passed smog like 4 days ago. yeaterday check egine light blinking and overheated but car not hot