Q: 2003 ford expedition idles high when 1st started and doesnt get up and go like supposed to v8 4.5 ltr

Idles high when 1st started doesnt accelerate properly

Hi there. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually a high engine idle upon startup, followed by acceleration problems is caused by a vacuum leak or a perhaps damage to the idle control valve. It’s also possible that an error code is stuck in the ECU that is impacting the operation of the engine. The best way to determine what is causing this problem and what repairs should be completed is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to first complete an onsite inspection.

3. 2003 ford expedition idles high when 1st started and doesnt get up and go like supposed to v8 4.5 ltr