Q: 2003 f250 6.0L crank, wants to start

I have a WIF light that comes and goes, was told it may be a fuel pump but when I turn the key over I hear a noise, most likely the glow plugs and turn over to crank. It’ll crank, sounds like it wants to start when I pump the gas pedal.

Check for any available (downloadable) diagnostic trouble codes. If the WIF (water in fuel) warning light is presently on, check for contaminated fuel. With no contamination, if the light comes on and off, the sensor might be faulty. Two other easy things to check are cranking RPM (if too low, below 150 RPM, some diesels will not start) and check the oil level (fuel injectors can run off oil pressure). Apart from that a real time scan tool will be required to look at fuel pressure and other engine operating parameters to pinpoint the cause. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2003 f250 6.0L crank, wants to start