Q: 2002 saturn I have the motor removed. sun roof stuck open and the teeth are stripped out of the cable. how can i close it?

i have a sunroof that we got part way open and will not close. i have pulled down the head liner and removed the motor. if i hold it against the cable it just jumps as the teeth are stripped out of the cable. how can i manually move the cable to get the sunroof to close? thanks Dan

Hi Dan. Thanks for contacting us today. In order to accomplish this, you’ll have to detach the cable mounts for the convertible top. You can find instructions and procedures on how to accomplish this in a service and repair manual for your Saturn - which is what I would suggest purchasing if you’re going to attempt repairs.

3. 2002 saturn I have the motor removed. sun roof stuck open and the teeth are stripped out of the cable. how can i close it?