Q: 2002 Mercedes c40 revs high and stuck in gear. Mechanic says has to replace electronic module B4 knowing if transmission is bad.

My 2002 Mercedes 240c began to rev up really high and would get stuck into gear. I had to cut the car off to start the car again. I took it to the shop they said that the code says that it is the transmission but they have to replace the electronic selector module before they can tell if has been internal damage to the transmission. They quoted me $375 parts and labor but they said it could still mean that the transmission is bad. .

3. 2002 Mercedes c40 revs high and stuck in gear. Mechanic says has to replace electronic module B4 knowing if transmission is bad.