Q: 2002 Mercedes c40 revs high and stuck in gear. Mechanic says has to replace electronic module B4 knowing if transmission is bad.

My 2002 Mercedes 240c began to rev up really high and would get stuck into gear. I had to cut the car off to start the car again. I took it to the shop they said that the code says that it is the transmission but they have to replace the electronic selector module before they can tell if has been internal damage to the transmission. They quoted me $375 parts and labor but they said it could still mean that the transmission is bad. .

This could get pretty complicated. What you have been told is plausible, but I’m not quite ready to buy it. But I can say for sure that the selector module is a common failure on a Mercedes with 100 thousand miles or more. It could be however that with the right kind of scanning equipment it may be possible to run the transmission through its gears remotely to verify that it is functioning before committing to a module. It would be a good idea to get another opinion. You can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your Mercedes and let you know what can be done about the transmission.

3. 2002 Mercedes c40 revs high and stuck in gear. Mechanic says has to replace electronic module B4 knowing if transmission is bad.