Q: Hydraulic cooling pump replaced pump and now won't circulate fluid.

I replaced hydraulic cooling pump, cannot get pump to start pumping, what am I doing wrong?

Hi there. Assuming, the replacement water pump is correct by application and the serpentine belt is properly routed. This would lead me to believe, air is trapped in the cooling system. Sometimes, bleeding the cooling system can be difficult. A cooling system flush could resolve this issue. If the water pump was replaced for an overheating concern, it may be, the thermostat is at fault for the lack of circulation. I recommend having your vehicle’s lack of coolant circulation be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.