Q: 2002 Escalade idling issue

I have a 2002 Escalade. Every now and then, when I crank it up, it starts to idle up and down, and then it’s rubbing a bit and goes away.

Watch my video "how to fix a car that’s idling poorly." A lot of times, there’s carbon built up in the throttle, so clean it up and it will stop doing that. You’d also want to check for vacuum leaks. Look at my video "finding engine vacuum leaks with a cigar." You can blow smoke to see if there are any vacuum leaks. Vacuum leaks can do the same thing. It’s a very common thing. If you’d like, you could have a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your engine’s rough idling issue and let you know what needs repair.

3. 2002 Escalade idling issue