Q: Out of gas - problems likely? 2002 GMC Envoy

My son ran my truck outta dam gas Will I have big problem? The bells and whistles were going off but he juss ignored the signs what do you think all I need to do do u think it juss need gas

Hello - if your battery and fuel system are in good shape, re-priming the fuel system should not be a major issue. Put 3-4 gallons of fuel in the tank - not just 1 or two; this makes the restart much easier on the fuel pump. Then turn the key to the "Run" position, leave it there for 3-4 seconds, then turn the key back Off. Do this 5 times. (You should hear the fuel pump start up for a second or two each time.) This will prime the fuel system without seriously draining the battery. Then turn the key to Run, then to Start and attempt to crank the engine. If it does not start at this point, repeat the fuel priming steps. If repeated priming does not yield a running engine, I would recommend a (fuel system inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Out of gas - problems likely? 2002 GMC Envoy