Q: 2001 mitsubishi galant 4cyl. running hot at idle only. prior have replaced water pump, radiator, temp. gauge, coolant overflow. St

Car running hot on idle. replaced: water pump, radiator, temp. gauge, coolant overflow and one engine seal(round coin looking seal). still running hot

Hello, thank you for writing in. Everything that has been done was valid in trying to trace down the issue. You likely did your vehicle a lot of good in updating those cooling system components. With that being said, one of the only components you did not mention testing is the cooling fans. Without air flow over the radiator the coolant does not lower in temperature before going back into the engine. When you are driving the air flow is steady, but when you idle (or reach a certain temperature) the cooling fans must kick on to help. For more help with testing and repairing the fans, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. 2001 mitsubishi galant 4cyl. running hot at idle only. prior have replaced water pump, radiator, temp. gauge, coolant overflow. St