Q: 2001 Chrysler 300m intermittent overheating

2001 Chrysler 300m is intermittently overheating. We blead and purged for air too after refilling coolant. I'm replacing thermostat next. What else next by process of elimination-water pump?

Hi there. If the issue is intermittent, it’s possible that the next step would be to check the heater core for damage or the heater release valve. Quite often the heater core will become damaged with excessive sludge and can cause a restriction of coolant through the motor. The next item to check would be the radiator fan; followed by the water pump. Typically if a water pump is damaged or faulty, the overheating problem would be constant. It might be a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic from our team come to your location to complete a car is overheating inspection to avoid the guess work.