Q: 2000 chevy hard to start when hot.

2000 chevy starts good in the morning, but when it's warm up it takes awhile to start up . It tries to turn over and so far it has.

A: There are two different types of fuel injec...

There are two different types of fuel injection on these engines, the one where the injectors are inside the intake manifold had major issues with the fuel injectors sticking closed or leaking when hot. This fault will cause hard starts. Try to put the throttle all the way open to see if the truck starts better hot. If it does, this means that the injectors are leaking fuel when you shut it off.

You can have the injectors cleaned using GM procedures by isolating the fuel system and using the GM approved cleaner. This may fix your issue but if not then the fuel injection system will need the be replaced as a unit. I’d suggest getting your car looked at by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose your hard start in person and help you fix it accordingly.