Q: 2000 Blazer idles bad and shakes

I have a 2000 Blazer and it idles really bad. It shakes too, but after putting it to 1000 RPM, the shaking drops. How can I fix it? It has over 200,000 miles on it and I have no probems with it. I've got it for free.

Since it stops to idle that high, unfortunately you can’t just set the idle speed up like it used to when I was a kid. It’s all done by computers. So watch my video "how to fix the car that idles poorly." Do everything in there and also check for vacuum leaks. Also, Watch my video "finding engine vacuum leaks with a cigar" and try that out, too. Because a lot of times, if you’ve got a vacuum leak, it sucks air and make them shake like mad, and if you step on the gas, then it will stop shaking. So do those first. Pray it’s something simple like that and not something complicated like the engine wearing out due to age.

For this, your best bet would probably be to have a professional take a look at these things for you. If you want a certified mechanic to inspect your car’s shaking and idling issue, consider YourMechanic, as they can perform these checks on your car.