Q: 2 kilometer run and the temperature is hotter than normal.

2 kilometer run but the temperature is hotter than normal and the oil is getting out from the lid.

Hi there. Check the coolant level in the radiator. If the radiator is low on coolant, fill it up to the top and check for any visible leaks. If the coolant is not leaking, then check the engine oil and make sure that its full. If the oil and coolant are full, then the thermostat could be stuck halfway open. This will cause the engine to get hot, but not completely overheat. I recommend replacing the thermostat and the radiator cap. If you need further assistance with your vehicle overheating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. 2 kilometer run and the temperature is hotter than normal.