Q: 1998 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS slow accleration when you push down the gas pedal got codePo118 uses alot of gas

got code P0118 i dont really think its that sensor its not getting hot

Hi there. The P0118 is the OBD-II generic code is one that indicates the Engine Control Module (ECM) has seen the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor output go more than 4.91 V or less than -40°C (-40°F). Iin most cases, this type of issue causes a problem with cold weather starting, but does not impact fuel economy often. It’s more than likely that you have a different issue, such as dirty fuel injectors, throttle body or EGR valve which could cause the reduction in fuel economy.

• 1998 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS slow accleration when you push down the gas pedal got codePo118 uses alot of gas