Q: 1998 honda accord 3.0 motor auto tran the car starts good, it idle good for about 2 to 3 min. then it starts surging from 1100 to

THE CAR STARTS GOOD. BUT STARTS SURGING FROM 1100 TO 1600 RPM. IF I DRIVE AT A HIGHER SPEED, IT RUN GREAT. COMING TO A STOP IT STARTS SURGING AGAIN.

This kind of idle speed excursion is not an unusual fault, although there are several possibilities that the Mechanic will have to run through. I recommend you request a high idle diagnostic. Among the possible root causes that would be looked at in such a diagnostic are a faulty Idle Control Valve, faulty fuse in the valve electrical control circuit, a malfunctioning throttle system, a vacuum leak and/or a computer malfunction although I’m including that for the sake of completeness as PCM failures are actually very infrequent. If you schedule the high idle diagnostic, a certified Mechanic will come to your location and get the problem identified and resolved for you promptly.

• 1998 honda accord 3.0 motor auto tran the car starts good, it idle good for about 2 to 3 min. then it starts surging from 1100 to