Q: 1998 honda accord 3.0 motor auto tran the car starts good, it idle good for about 2 to 3 min. then it starts surging from 1100 to

THE CAR STARTS GOOD. BUT STARTS SURGING FROM 1100 TO 1600 RPM. IF I DRIVE AT A HIGHER SPEED, IT RUN GREAT. COMING TO A STOP IT STARTS SURGING AGAIN.

This kind of idle speed excursion is not an unusual fault, although there are several possibilities that the Mechanic will have to run through. I recommend you request a high idle diagnostic. Among the possible root causes that would be looked at in such a diagnostic are a faulty Idle Control Valve, faulty fuse in the valve electrical control circuit, a malfunctioning throttle system, a vacuum leak and/or a computer malfunction although I’m including that for the sake of completeness as PCM failures are actually very infrequent. If you schedule the high idle diagnostic, a certified Mechanic will come to your location and get the problem identified and resolved for you promptly.

3. 1998 honda accord 3.0 motor auto tran the car starts good, it idle good for about 2 to 3 min. then it starts surging from 1100 to