Q: 1997 Mercedes-Benz S420 sat for months, jumped and shut off totally

After my car sat for several months, I tried to start it yesterday. I found that the battery died so I had it jumped with the other vehicle. After putting the key into ignition, the dashboard lights were all illuminated. Then, I attempted to start it but it turned over once and shut off. Now, the car is completely unresponsive and the dash lights turned off. Nothing works anymore. What happened with my car? How much damage has this caused?

3. 1997 Mercedes-Benz S420 sat for months, jumped and shut off totally