Q: 1997 Mercedes-Benz S420 sat for months, jumped and shut off totally

After my car sat for several months, I tried to start it yesterday. I found that the battery died so I had it jumped with the other vehicle. After putting the key into ignition, the dashboard lights were all illuminated. Then, I attempted to start it but it turned over once and shut off. Now, the car is completely unresponsive and the dash lights turned off. Nothing works anymore. What happened with my car? How much damage has this caused?

A: It sounds as if your battery may just be co...

It sounds as if your battery may just be completely drained on your 1997 Mercedes-Benz Tracer. A vehicle cannot sit so long without being started once in a while, or at least charging the battery from time to time to keep it from draining completely. If you would like this taken care of, a professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the no start and replace the battery if necessary.

Recommended services
Get a Quote