Q: 1996 Chevy C1500 turning off after a while driven

after i run the truck for maybe 20+ mins and get to a stop sign and fully stop, check gauges light pops up and when i stop on gas pedal it wants to turn off but when im driving the check gauges light dont pop on dash

A: Sometimes a bad crank sensor or ignition co...

Sometimes a bad crank sensor or ignition coil will only act up when the engine is hot. Heat causes resistance in the component to increase. If the component is already starting to fail, the added resistance could be enough to cause the part to act faulty. Check your diagnostic engine codes to help determine what components may need further testing. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the exact cause of the stalling concern and the Check Gauge Light that is showing.