Q: 1995 Ford F350 doesnt want to shift smoothly from first to second gear but is fine from all other gears.

The shifting from first to second is not smooth and it feels as if it takes forever to make the truck go faster but once it moves into second gear all other gears are fine. We had an issue with the gear column shifter didnt want to go into drive and they said they fixed the linkage but we are now having this issue. What can I do to fix this?

Hi there. Typically when the transmission is having difficulty shifting from first to second gear with an automatic transmission it is typically due to an obstruction of transmission fluid inside the inner hydraulic lines. This can be resolved by having transmission fluid service performed by a professional mobile mechanic. However, it can also be due to a failing torque converter, shift solenoid or leaking transmission seals. I think the best way to resolve this issue is to have the transmission fluid flushed; especially if you have not completed this service within the past 50,000 miles.

3. 1995 Ford F350 doesnt want to shift smoothly from first to second gear but is fine from all other gears.