Q: 1995 Ford Explorer defrost only

I have a 1995 Ford Explorer xlt and the air only blows out of the defrost. While checking my vehicle I noticed a ball shaped vacuum tank. I traced it back to the firewall and have no been able to find the problem since. I also have a rough idling vehicle. Any ideas on how to fix the vacuum leak?

I would recommend smoke testing the vehicle to determine the source of the vacuum leak. This will send smoke through the engines vacuum lines and emit smoke wherever the leak is. Another way to find the vacuum leak is to spray brake cleaner all around the engine bay. When the engine seems to get louder as you spray, you have found the vacuum leak. Once the source of the leak is found, replace the part that is leaking to resolve this issue.

3. 1995 Ford Explorer defrost only