Q: 1995 Buick Skylark

How do I replace oil pan in 1995 Buick Skylark? Do I have to take out the sub frame to get to it?

Hello. Thank you for writing in. Removing oil pans is never as easy as it may seem. While the actually removal process is easy, accessing them is the hard part. You will need to give yourself more room to move the oil pan. To do so, yes, you will need to remove part of the frame. Typically you can get away with only removing the front frame bolts. You should also support the frame with a jack stand or block. The rear frame bolts may need to be loosened, but not too much and do not remove them. Again, you are only giving yourself more space to work. When reinstalling the oil pan, make sure you torque the retaining bolts down to specification. A repair guide may be needed to make sure this repair is done correctly if replacing it from home.