Q: 1994Camaro 1994 Chevrolet Camaro Base 6 Cyl 3.4L My car is accelerating with me stepping on the gas I was driving fine all day

1994Camaro

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Base 6 Cyl 3.4L

My car is accelerating with me stepping on the gas

I was driving fine all day, when i decided to stop at walmart for about 10 min. i return to my car. I turn my car on and is sounds as if i was pressing on the gas but i was not. So i place the car in drive and without my placing my foot on the gas it is accelerating. what could be the possible issue?

The throttle on this car has a cable and you should check the floor mat to make sure it is not holding the throttle pedal. Also, look at the throttle body to make sure something is not holding the throttle open. If everything looks okay, then check to see if your idle air valve may be stuck. This can be done by a computer test to see if it is setting a code. A technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to have this checked out if you are still having problems.

• 1994Camaro 1994 Chevrolet Camaro Base 6 Cyl 3.4L My car is accelerating with me stepping on the gas I was driving fine all day