Q: 1994 Camry started slipping in first gear

My manual 1994 Camry with 420,000 miles has recently started slipping in first gear. Would it be worth the time to get it fixed it or should I get a new car considering that this car has so many miles?

A: They are very good cars. If it's starti...

They are very good cars. If it's starting to slip, that means it's wearing out. 420,000 miles is a lot of miles. But there are so many Toyota Camry's out there, and all cars, when they are that old, get wrecked. They junk them because the insurance would be total on that car. For a car that's that old, it doesn't matter if it has 800 dollars of damage, they will total the car. So, there are a lot of good used transmissions you might take. Just keep driving and if it stops working, then get a used one from a junk yard. They often work quite well. If you would like to have this looked at by a professional, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your slipping transmission and let you know what options you have.