Q: 1993 Pontiac Trans Sport. Taking longer to start.

My 3800 is taking longer and longer to crank over when I start the engine. It has 192,500 miles on it. And just a few weeks ago it was starting within a few seconds. I try turning it on a couple of seconds before cranking it over, but it doesn't do any good. Do you know what I could do to fix this problem? Do I need a new starter?

Hello there. Many different faults can cause your 1993 Pontiac Trans Sport to crank slowly. The most common cause of this would be the battery, starter, battery cable, or fuel pump. The first item a technician will check is the battery, and they will test it by performing a load test. This test applies a load to the battery to determine the voltage of the battery and its condition. If you need help having this tested and repaired, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect the starting problem and pinpoint the correct repairs.