Q: 1992 Ford Escort cooling fan not coming on

I have a 1992 Ford Escort with a 1.9 engine. When the car reaches operating temperature the cooling fan will not come on. Fan operation has been verified with power manually applied to the fan. I am thinking the PCM is not sending the control signal to the fan when Engine reaches specified temperature. Currently I have removed one of the relays(3 which all work) so that the fan runs at low speed key on engine running to prevent overheating. Any tips as to how and when to test the control driver at the PCM?

You will need to have the system scanned and diagnosed using a scanner that is capable to operate the fans with the scanner to test the PCM operation and to monitor the cooling system fan control switch and sensor. The system has three relays and several fuses that would all need to be diagnosed and checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic.

3. 1992 Ford Escort cooling fan not coming on