Q: 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser eating through serpentine belts, why?

I have a 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80, but since about 450,000 miles I have been replacing the front belt that powers the power steering, altenator, and air pump almost every 5k miles. After about that time the belt is severely stretched and missing many teeth in one spot. When I installed a new belt, I noticed when I cranked the engine, the belt would be tight, but when I crank again it'll be a little loose. What could be causing this? This belt is costing me $30 a pop and can't for the live of me figure out why it's eating belts! Thanks for any help, input is appreciated.

3. 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser eating through serpentine belts, why?