Q: 1984 Chevy G10 Van 4.1 side of the alternator is hot. I parked it but now I get no power to ignition.

1984g10 chevy van replacing power stering punp alternator arked now no power to ignition have headlights battery power power at starter no fuses blone

Some of these older vehicles have a fusible link in the wiring between the battery and the starter. It would be a thin wire - probably light gray or maybe black. While it looks like a regular wire, inside the insulation is a bi-metal similar to a regular fuse. If there is a short or over-voltage situation, the fusible link may break internally to protect the rest of the vehicle’s electrical system. If no power is getting to the ignition circuit, this may be your cause. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, perform an electrical system inspection if your problem continues. Best of luck.

• 1984 Chevy G10 Van 4.1 side of the alternator is hot. I parked it but now I get no power to ignition.