Q: 1975 Eldorado convertible trips the 40 amp breaker for the power windows when lowering or raising them. Why and when can you look at this?

Why does the 40 amp breaker trip when lowering or raising the power windows

There is some device along the power window circuit that is drawing much more amperage than the system was designed for. This short can be caused by a broken wire grounding out on the body and causing a short, corrosion inside a switch or connector crossing a connection that should not touch or a faulted window motor. A technician trained in automotive electrical repair can test the components along the circuit to find the bug. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look at your power windows and offer a more personal diagnosis.

• 1975 Eldorado convertible trips the 40 amp breaker for the power windows when lowering or raising them. Why and when can you look at this?