Q: 1970 Ford Ranch Wagon 351c starting and running problem.

1970 Ford Ranch Wagon 351c. Bear to start, and won't run unless gas pedal to the floor, and then it runs rough. Last time it was driven, would only go 30mph with pedal to the floor.

The first thing to do is to look at and check the points and then check the fuel pressure to the carburetor. If all is okay, then check the carburetor for flow of fuel into it by using small spray bottle to see if you can keep it running without it needing to be held wide open. The carburetor metering jets and idle jets are most likely clogged. In this case, you would need to remove and replace, or overhaul the carburetor. If you would like to have an expert mechanic inspect this first, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the hard start and rough running issues.