Q: 09 Pontiac GXP is hard to start

Sometimes when I turn the key the engine want start also when I get gas it may take up to an hour before it start today I kept trying to start it and smoke came from under the hood what could it possible be?

A: Hello there. You have a few different fault...

Hello there. You have a few different faults going on with your 2009 Pontiac GXP. If the car is hard to start the most common causes are the fuel pump, battery, starter, battery cable, fuel pump relay, ignition switch, or wiring harness fault. The smoke from under the hood is most likely due to oil leak or exhaust leaks. A qualified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can diagnose the starting issue so that the proper repairs can be conducted.