Q: Car starts fine and engine runs great. but I have no power to the wheels. when shifting through reverse neutral drive 2007 Pontiac G6 GT

I was driving along and the tranny slipped and revved the engine once but then it all worked fine. Then I stopped at a stop sign about 5 min later and it had a lot of trouble accelerating and finally the tranny just stopped and I had no power. I changed the fluid and replaced the tranny filter but still same problem. I can see (with the engine running) all the linkage on top of the crankcase moving like it's trying to shift the tranny but it will not engage any gear. Hoping it's just an electrical problem and the tranny doesn't need to come out

Hello - since you have already checked and changed the transmission fluid and filter, and verified the linkage is moving at the transmission, this issue becomes more serious. The next steps include checking for fluid pressure created by the transmission pump, and available to the valve body, solenoids and clutches to transfer power to the wheels. Low fluid pressure, faulty solenoid, stuck valves - all of these can contribute to a "no go" situation. I recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car starts fine and engine runs great. but I have no power to the wheels. when shifting through reverse neutral drive 2007 Pontiac G6 GT