Q: Car starts fine and engine runs great. but I have no power to the wheels. when shifting through reverse neutral drive 2007 Pontiac G6 GT

I was driving along and the tranny slipped and revved the engine once but then it all worked fine. Then I stopped at a stop sign about 5 min later and it had a lot of trouble accelerating and finally the tranny just stopped and I had no power. I changed the fluid and replaced the tranny filter but still same problem. I can see (with the engine running) all the linkage on top of the crankcase moving like it's trying to shift the tranny but it will not engage any gear. Hoping it's just an electrical problem and the tranny doesn't need to come out

3. Car starts fine and engine runs great. but I have no power to the wheels. when shifting through reverse neutral drive 2007 Pontiac G6 GT