Q: 2007 Toyota Avalon vs 2006 Cadillac CTS

looking at both cars both around 115-120k miles. Assuming all things equal which do you think will hold up longer and cost less to maintain over the next few years?

Hi there - from a somewhat objective point of view, both their initial quality is similar (and good) as measured by the number of Recalls/Technical Service Bulletins: 6/35 for the Toyota, and 6/50 for the Cadillac. Both of them have pretty good track records as they age. It might come down to the condition of each specific vehicle you consider purchasing. I would recommend a pre-purchase inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to the location of the vehicle, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs for the vehicle.