Q: 06 mustang gt auto transmission

Been having problems with my transmission. Hard to take out of park. Sometimes it would hesitate to go into reverse. And recently started slipping going from 2nd to 3rd. And a whining when cold It is a sealed unit with 100k service interval. Bought the car with 59k 3 years ago and now have 94k. I did check the fluid which can only be done under the car there was almost two quarts extra and is dirty Could that have caused a problem and if so what may need done

Hi There, If the car will not shift in or out of gear, you may want to check the fluid fluid to make sure that it is at the right level. Other causes include using the incorrect thickness (type) of fluid and the clutch linkage or shift cables needing adjustment. The source of the problem could also be the vehicle’s computer system. If you’ve already inspected the fluid, I would suggest trying to reset the computer by unhooking the battery and letting it sit for thirty minutes and then hooking it back up. If this does not solve your problem, I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. 06 mustang gt auto transmission