Q: 06 fusion manual transmission. When going constant speed car sputters. If I go over 4K rpm usually doesn't.

Once I'm at cruising speed if Rpms are going to stay constant anywhere below 4-4500 rpms the car sputters non stop. Almost I hit the brakes and accelerate every few seconds. I have changed plugs and filters. Clutch is brand new and it did this same thing with the old clutch.

Thanks

Hi there. When you hear the engine sputter, it’s typically caused by either a fuel system restriction or an engine misfire. In some cases this can be due to clogged fuel injectors, damaged throttle body or mass air flow sensor / EGR valve that is in need of cleaning or replacement. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an inspection to help you isolate this problem and recommend the right repairs.

3. 06 fusion manual transmission. When going constant speed car sputters. If I go over 4K rpm usually doesn't.