Q: Q: Clicking sound when turning over.

05 Honda Odyssey lights left on and drained the battery tried jumping it nothing bought a new battery and same no start just a clicking noise all lights and radio work. Doors open.

Hi There, Generally a clicking sound when turning the key indicates a weak battery or a faulty starter solenoid. I would suggest double checking the power to the battery. Even new batteries purchased right off the shelf can at times be defective, however assuming the battery is not the problem and has plenty of power, this may be related to a bad starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Clicking sound when turning over.