Q: 02 Mitsubishi galant 2.4 L shut off at a stop sign wouldn't start again, fuel pump wasn't turning on

I replaced the fuel pump and now it's turning on but the car still won't start

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. If the issue you are having is still fuel related, meaning that you have checked the spark plugs and air filter for spark an air, then there could be a plugged fuel filter or a problem with the fuel regulator on the fuel rail. Check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail to ensure that there is 45 psi or more. If there is fuel pressure, then the fuel rail may have the injectors plugged or the regulator may not function when the engine is starting. Check the harness to the regulator for any voltage. If there is voltage present, then replace the fuel regulator. If there is no voltage and the key is on, then check for power at the computer. If there is power at the computer, then there is a problem with the wiring harness. If the computer has no power, then the computer has shorted out and needs replaced. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with your vehicle.

• 02 Mitsubishi galant 2.4 L shut off at a stop sign wouldn't start again, fuel pump wasn't turning on