Q: 01 Dodge Ram jerks when taking off, bogs down , when coming to stop it feels like it wants to go but dies

When taking off if u apply gas firmly it jerks and bogs down as if were in another gear, and coming to a stop it dies, doesn't do this if I baby it

My car has an automatic transmission Your help is much appreciated

Hi Frank. Thanks for contacting us today. Typically an issue like you are describing is caused by a fuel restriction or inability to correctly mix air and fuel together. Some of the usual suspects include a vacuum leak, mass air flow sensor or a fuel pump that has debris trapped in the pick-up or is wearing out. It is probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an on-site inspection, so they can correctly identify the root source of this problem and recommend or complete the right repairs.

3. 01 Dodge Ram jerks when taking off, bogs down , when coming to stop it feels like it wants to go but dies