Q: Remote no longer works on trunk.

The remote no longer works on the trunk. Not with the key fob and the interior switch. My guess is an actuator.

The actuator for the trunk lid release is controlled by the Passive Entry Module. The interior switch is monitored by the instrument cluster which sends a signal to the passive entry module to open the trunk. The key fob sends a request directly to the passive entry module. Since neither the switch or key fob requests are opening the trunk, the problem exists between the module and actuator. To diagnose the problem, a test light can be used at the actuator connector to see if the test light illuminates for approximately 300ms. If a trunk lid open request is sent via the switch or key fob and the test light illuminates, then the actuator is the issue and it needs to be replaced. If it does not illuminate, the diagnosis needs to be conducted at the Passive Entry Module. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic to assist in the diagnosis and repair of the trunk lid circuit.

3. Remote no longer works on trunk.